Thoughtful Thursday & Emotional Ownership


Earlier this year, I did a writing exercise.

I began by writing down my favorite emotion.  

Including the last time I felt it and the frequency.

Next, I wrote down my least favorite emotion.

Again, including the last time I felt it and the frequency.

To my surprise, I was feeling my least favorite emotion every single day.

I was also feeling my favorite emotion only a few times a week.

I hadn't even realized this was happening.

Picture a platter full of negative and positive emotions.

I could have chosen any emotion that I wanted and I was choosing my least favorite one again and again. 

Since then, I have taken responsibility for my feelings.

I am the creator of all them.

It begins with my thinking.

Understanding this has allowed me to intentionally decide how I want to feel and who I want to be.

Intentional has been my word for the year 2021.

This doesn't mean that sometimes you won't want to feel a negative emotion.

Like sadness, grief, or a disappointment.

It just means you don't have to stay there.

By taking ownership of all of your emotions and allowing yourself to process them,

You can find healing.

Understanding.

Relief and peace.

You can fully experience the beautiful contrast of being human.

Give yourself the power to choose how you want to experience life.

Once you gain awareness of the emotions you want less of,

You gain the power to choose those you want more of.

Give it a try!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & I Don't Know