Thoughtful Thursday & Boredom




For as long as I can remember, I would say that I never get bored.

I ALWAYS have something to do. 

There is always something to be cleaned.

There is always something to be organized.

There is always something to be read, watched or listened to.

There is always something to scroll through.

I almost wore "I never get bored" as a badge of honor.

Like it was an amazing skill or talent that I was proficient at.

Recently, I began to question this belief.

What if this ability wasn't serving me?

What was I preventing myself from experiencing?

What if feeling bored was something I wanted?

How would my life be different if I allowed myself to be bored?

What opportunities would I be available to me?

Opportunities of stillness.

Opportunities of service.

Opportunities of gratitude.

Opportunities for communion with God.

Opportunities for reflection and connection.

Opportunities for creation.

How would your life be different if you allowed some boredom into your life?

Give it a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & Unplugging