Thoughtful Thursday & Creating from the Future


For many years, I focused on the story of my past. 


The choices I made and how I had fallen short. 

Feelings of failure and inadequacy affected the actions I took in the future. 

I believed that if I was harder on myself then I would be and do better. 

I was wrong. 

I could never beat myself up enough to find more happiness or success. 

Look at the story you are telling yourself about your past up to this point in your life. 

How are you allowing it to define you?

Are you allowing the things you did or didn’t do in the past define you?

What would your life look like if you could starting defining yourself from the future?

When we recycle our past thinking we create more of our past. 

One of my mentors, Brooke Castillo, teaches “if you want to create something new, if you want to implement a new idea, you have to think a thought you have never thought before."

In order to grow and evolve I needed to turn my focus to the future. 

The future is there for the taking. 

The truth is, the past is over. We can’t go back and change it. 

The past did bring you to this point and set you on the path to be the person you are today. 

It is possible to thank your past for what it has taught you and then say good-bye. 

Are you ready to create a future that is better than your past?

It begins with a new thought. 

Give it a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & Unplugging