Thoughtful Thursday & Perspective

 



This week I was on an airplane and for about 10 minutes of the flight we had the opportunity to see the Grand Canyon from the air. 
.
Breathtaking.
.
A few years ago, I had the opportunity to hike from the north rim to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.
.
It was an awesome experience but one of the hardest things I have done physically.
.
Especially the last 6 miles.
.
The trail going up the mountain was steep and switchbacked.
.
There were times I wondered if I was going to make it to the end. 
.
As I was looking out the window of the plane remembering what it was like in the bottom of the canyon, it got me thinking about perspective. 
.
You know that thing that you have been thinking and worrying about?
.
That problem you are facing.
.
That mountain that you are in the middle of climbing.
.
Imagine viewing that problem from another vantage point.

Does viewing it from a distance feel a little less overwhelming? 
.  
What about viewing it from an even higher perspective?

An eternal one.
.
What do you notice when you view this problem from a window of eternity?
.
For me, I notice things that don't really matter.
.
And things that really DO matter.
.
I notice that things work out.

And that there is nothing to fear.
.
When I look from an eternal perspective, I realize all is well there.
.
And that means all is well right here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & I Don't Know