Thoughtful Thursday & What vs. Why



Hello friends!

As I was entering into, what I call, my midseason of life, I was stuck on WHAT my purpose was. 

My role as a mother was changing and I didn't believe I had a purpose anymore.

I had also been a dancer, a grocery store checker, a sandwich maker, a student, a bookkeeper, a janitor, a children’s music director, a PTA president, a secretary, a real estate agent, a member of my church community, a quilter, a runner, a hiker, a biker, a friend, a daughter, an aunt, a sister, a wife, and a mother.

But what I have come to understand is that my purpose wasn’t about any of these roles.

A life purpose isn’t about WHAT you are doing, but about WHY you are doing it.

WHAT you do may change many times over the course of your life because each season of life brings with it different experiences and opportunities.

But it is our WHY that is behind all of it.

My WHY is what gives me direction.  

It gives me the desire to move forward.

It is the fuel for what I do.  

My beliefs create the emotions that fuel what I do which in turn help me become who I am meant to become and allows me to show up in the world as who I want to be.

In my very first podcast episode, I talk a lot about my WHY behind this podcast.

And a big part of my WHY is to put good into the world.

We have all been given unique spiritual gifts that help us in our purpose and allows us to be God’s hands here on earth. 

As Brooke Snow says, “Knowing your purpose brings color to your world, it brings focus, and intention.  You know why you are here, in this situation, with these people, and how to contribute.”

Each one of us is impacting the world in some way through our experiences in life.

We live in a time when the opportunity to influence the world has never been greater.

How do we want to leave the world when we leave leave the world? 

Do we just want to take from what others have left us or do we want to leave the world a better place?

There are so many ways to contribute in this world and they are as unique as we are.

I believe that a big part of caring and connecting with ourselves is getting a little perspective in order to discover our WHY.

What is your WHY?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & Unplugging