Thoughtful Thursday & Unplugging


Recently, I was able to unplug for 5 days.

It was amazing.

Some of my family members and I had the opportunity to go on a guided river trip on the Main Salmon River. 

If you have never done a river rafting trip, you may want to consider adding it to your bucket list.

Our group, about 24 people, had 6 guides that worked hard so that we could unplug and play hard on the river.  

Each day we would float down a section of the river that runs through the bottom of the most incredible canyon.  

We floated and ran rapids.  

We ate amazing food. 

We would stop during the day to have lunch on sandy beaches, hike trails and explore our surroundings.  

Each night we would camp along the river’s edge and soak in the breathtaking beauty alongside our new friends.
 
Unplugging.

Living.

Connecting. 

No cell coverage for 5 days.

The only time I pulled out my phone was to take a picture so I can remember the experience.

But you know, pictures are never as good as the real thing. 

Just being in the beauty of nature with people I love and e
xperiencing it together was so fun.  

I wasn’t worried about anything and I actually slept so well.  

I lost track of the day and time.  

I just took it all in. 

This got me thinking about how important it is to unplug.  

I believe when it comes to creating more fun in our life, this can include the concept of unplugging.  

Creating space to experience more opportunities for fun. 

Slowing down to embrace life and all it has to offer.  

Allowing time to refocus on what really matters.

Time to rejuvenate through rest and play.

Time to reconnect with ourselves, others, and God.

Sometimes the idea of unplugging can feel impossible. 

I am not saying that you need to unplug for 5 days but perhaps you could for 5 minutes.  

What unplugging for me isn’t what unplugging is for you.  

It really isn’t about what you do or don’t do.  

There isn’t a right or wrong way to do it.  

I invite you to pause and consider what unplugging looks like for you. 

It could be as simple as a 1 minute meditation or as drastic as a 5 day river trip.  

The point is to consider how you can incorporate unplugging into your life.  

Write it down. 

Make a list.

How can you refocus, rejuvenate, and reconnect?

Give it a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & I Don't Know