Thoughtful Thursday & Saying No


What do you need to start saying "no" to in your life?

This can definitely include eliminating activities that are not helping your reach your goal. 

Doing this is great and can allow you to create more space in your life for what you want to create more intentionally.

But, I am also suggesting that it include more than that.

It means saying "no" to being the victim of your story.

It means saying "no" to putting other people in charge of your emotions.  

Saying "no" to showing up in your life reactionary and not in line with who you want to be.

Saying "no" to believing you are not enough.

Saying "no" to playing small in your life.

Saying "no" to blaming others or shaming yourself.

When I realized that feeling the never ending loop of self-pity and frustration wasn't helping me create more joy in my life, I decided that I needed to start saying "no.”

I had to say "no" to the belief that people "should" believe, think, feel or do what I thought they should.  

I had to start saying "no" to the idea that the reason I was feeling those negative feelings was someone else's fault. 

I needed to start saying "no" to the idea that there was something wrong with me.

I had to say "no" to resisting, reacting, and avoiding my emotions.

I had to say "no" to the adversary who was trying to convince me that I was not good enough.

I had to say "no" to not showing up as the person I wanted to be. 

When we can begin saying "no" to things like these, we can start saying "yes."

 

Give it a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & Unplugging