Thoughtful Thursday & Who Are You?

Have you taken the time to ask yourself this question?

For many of us, we describe ourselves by our occupation, our roles, our talents, and our appearance.

Does this sound like you?

I used to do this myself.

I remember when my youngest child was getting ready to leave for college I found myself wondering who I was.  

I had defined myself as a stay-at-home mom for so long.

I loved this role and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a parent.

My children have been my greatest teachers and have inspired my growth in many ways.

However, I was entering the season of life when all of my children would live outside of our home and they would be beginning their next season of life.

I found myself wondering what my purpose was.

I had spent 28 years taking care of my family. 

In the process, I had lost touch with "who" I was. 

What was my value now?

If you have found yourself wondering the same thing,

Life coach, Kim Giles, has shared some questions that I invite you to consider asking yourself.

Who are you really?

What were you created for?

What is your purpose for being here?

Do you believe in life after death?  

Is there more to your existence than just this world?

If so, is your identity really based on your roles you have in your life?

What if you could choose to get your identity from your belief in the true nature of God (which is love)?

If you believe that God is love, it is possible to view yourself as love too.

You are so much more than a parent, your marital status, or an occupation.

You are so much more than your accomplishments, income, success, or performance. 

You are not your circumstances or mistakes. 

You are so much more.

You are an amazing, one of a kind, irreplaceable, divine, loving, and eternal being who is in the process of becoming through this mortal experience.

Your value comes from that fact alone.

Are you ready to begin viewing yourself this way?

I invite you to consider how your sense of self-worth would change if you could believe you are love and on that quality alone.

How would you show up in your life differently? 

What would it look like for you to be a force of love?

Give it a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & Unplugging