Thoughtful Thursday & Telling the Truth


I am practicing telling the truth.

You read that right.

Sometimes I lie.

I have said yes to things that I didn’t want to do because I was worried what other people would think of me if I said no. 

In a way, I was pretending in order to manipulate other people’s emotions and their impressions of me.

I wanted to be nice.

But, ultimately I was lying.

This is people pleasing.

Usually, we are telling ourselves we SHOULD do something.

When we do this we become the victim in our story which leads to disconnection.

Resentment and frustration also come along for the ride. 

Blocking us from creating the life we really want.

I’m not suggesting that you just start saying no to everything.

Instead, pause and consider the following:

What do you really want in your life?

Who do you really want to be?

It all starts by telling the truth.

The whole truth.

Truth to yourself and to others when appropriate.

You may still say yes to that thing but you are no longer the victim.

Instead, you are choosing to operate from love which is were real service comes from.

Not from frustration or resentment.

Allowing yourself to make decisions ahead of time based on what you want in your life and who you want to be.

I am still working on this myself.

I am learning to say no.

I am also learning to say yes and really mean it. 

Give it a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & I Don't Know