Thoughtful Thursday & Cracks

While on vacation with my family, we were visiting ancient cities and towns which had rock walls and foundations that were hundreds, if not thousands, of years old.

I noticed something remarkable.  

It is something I have noticed in other places I have visited.

But, for some reason it really jumped out to me this time.

I found myself taking pictures of it in each place we visited.

These abandoned rock structures were usually up on a mountain.

Nowhere near a direct water source.

The sun beating down on them.

Remnants of ancient civilizations that are long since gone.

Fortresses of the past.

Then, through the corner of my eye, I would see a hint of green. 

A tiny seed had somehow found itself in just the right spot to grow.

Not only grow.

In some cases, flourish.

The circumstances in our lives, including our past, can seem like these rock foundations and walls.

Fortresses standing in the way of our growth and happiness.

Believing that life is somehow stacked against us.

However, the beauty of life can be found regardless of your circumstances.

Regardless of your past.

Instead of stacking reasons of how life isn't fair or ways it is just happening to you,

Consider how life is happening FOR you.

How can the circumstances in your life be exactly what you need right now?

Could it be possible for you to find beauty where you are right now, regardless of your circumstances?

Russell M. Nelson has said, "The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives."

Is there a crack in the story that you are telling yourself about your life where you could plant something new?

Could you turn to the Savior, who is the Rock, to show you how?

Give it a try!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & I Don't Know