Thoughtful Thursday & That’s Okay


I am traveling with some of my family this week.

Vacationing with others can be interesting.

There can be many different opinions, ideas, and expectations.

Sometimes, it can be amazing.

And other times, it is not. 

For example, yesterday, my husband and I had a misunderstanding.

I felt angry and frustrated.

I could feel myself withdrawing and being very defensive.

I couldn’t believe he didn’t understand why I was upset.

It made perfect sense to me.

I watched myself through this experience. 

At one point, I remember thinking that I had two choices.

I could continue being angry and creating a miserable time for myself.

Or, I could believe that my husband and I didn’t see eye to eye 

AND

That’s okay.

When I allowed myself to believe that nothing had gone wrong,

I no longer needed to convince myself that I was justified in what I believed and felt.

We all have good reasons to feel what we are feeling.

When we can believe everything will be okay,

we can slow ourselves down

And decide what we want to do next.

Not from a place of anger or resentment.

But, from a place of curiosity.

I didn’t need to change my husband to have a better day.

I only needed to work on myself.

This is such great news

Because that is all I have control of anyway.

So if you are looking for a thought to help you shift your thinking 

Try adding 

“And that’s okay” to your thought. 

“I would do it differently….and that’s okay.”

“She doesn’t text me like I want her to….and that’s okay.”

“He has a different opinion than me….and that’s okay.”

Give it a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & I Don't Know