Thoughtful Thursday & Grief


Today I sat with grief.

I called it by name.

Grief.

I felt it in my chest.

My shoulders were heavy.

Tears filled my eyes.

Grief.

My throat was tight.

I spoke to myself.

"Jill, this is what grief feels like today."

I breathed it in.

I opened my heart to it.

I moved toward it. 

I observed myself experiencing grief. 

I didn't judge myself.

I just allowed it. 

The human experience brings with it loss and grief.

This is evidence of the love and connection we have with the people in our lives.

C.S. Lewis wrote, "The pain now is part of the happiness then.  That is the deal."

When we take the time to grieve, we honor our loss and embrace the love and life we shared. 

As we move through the seasons of grief and turn to the Savior, we can find hope, healing and meaning.

However, the first step is allowing ourselves time to grieve.

Today, I sat with grief.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & Unplugging