Thoughtful Thursday & Useful Information



Questions are powerful.


It is normal for our brains to ask us questions.

It happens all the time.

However, we want to make sure that these questions are providing us with useful information.  

We can determine this by the answers we give.

Q: Why can't I seem to be on time?
A: Because you are undisciplined and lazy.

You will notice that this is not very useful.

Q: What is one thing I could do to make it easier to get out the door?
A: I could lay out what I am going to wear the night before.

Much better.

Q: Why is she so selfish?
A: I have no idea.

Not useful.

Q: What is she struggling with?
A: Maybe she is feeling insecure.

This is more useful.

Q:  What is wrong with me?
A:  So many things. I don't know where to start.

Painful.

Q: What is one thing that I appreciate about myself despite my human flaws?
A: I am kind to others. 

This feels so much better. 

As we become more aware and choose our questions carefully, we can find useful information that will better serve us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughtful Thursday & Circumstances

Thoughtful Thursday & Motivation

Thoughtful Thursday & I Don't Know